Sunday, July 24, 2005

MS Dreamz...

People ask me why I want to do MS after 3 years. Why don’t I look at other good options I have. And a hundred other questions agains doing MS. Many times even I ask these questions to myself. I don’t really have an answer.

Having done my schooling during IT boom era, I had always been inspired to do MS in the US. Those were the days, when you would find young guys who had finished their college inspiring to do MS because doing MS was the only gateway to get a job in the United States. It was seen everywhere - in TV serials, in movies and even in real life. Especially in a place like Tamilnadu, which I think has the maximum of outflow of MS students in India. I wanted to be among them.

Also, nobody in my family has done MS so far. A year back, I also thought that this is the best way to get out of my job and have a break. It would also give me a chance to study what I am more interested.

So, those are some of the reasons why I want to study further. Basically, it is just a dream to follow. I can’t quantify it by attaching reasons to it. I can’t measure that with attaching profits and losses to it. I cannot give explanation, not even to myself. After 2 years, I may say what I did was not right. So be it. I want to do it. So, I am doing it. (I may change my mind tomorrow; who knows me!)

Talking about MS, I would like to mention the effort I had put in it. This was something I really enjoyed. It has been a year of hard work. I took my GRE back in June, then my TOEFL in September. I had to visit my college after 3 years to get recommendation letters from professors, visit the University to get seals on the copies of marksheets. I made special rubber stamps for my recommenders. I spent days and nights trying to shortlist the Universities I was interested in. Then I spent a lot of money for its application. Then I had to arrange the financial documents like getting certificates from Notary, from CA, from property evaluator, getting the loan sanctioned…. for which I had to roam Chennai from north to south many times. Not to mention the innumberable trips I had between Bangalore and Chennai. After all that, there was the cruesome visa interview that just made the effort worthwile. The process is still going on – trying to quit from the office and making travel arrangements.

So, that is it – a brief history of what I did to do what I want to do and why I want to do.

1 Comments:

At August 04, 2005 2:41 pm, Blogger DD said...

Yo! Gandhi.... way to go!! Nice to see your "dream come true", with all those efforts of yours :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home