Monday, August 08, 2005

Relationships...(contd.)

(Another post on my favorite topic...please tolerate it :-))

Relationships, whether named or un-named, are complex. Complex to maintain. Some people are closer to each other even without ever talking a word in life, and some are not even close after being in touch everyday. You don't even know when some started, and when some died. But keeping in touch is important for most of the relationships.

An incident of this kind is common. You know a friend for many years and meet him after several years of gap. You look at each other and wonder whether he/she is the same person you used to know so many years ago, whether you could behave the way you used to... So, you keep thinking about this and finally behave as if you two are strangers. This has happened to me many times.

All I am trying to say is - even when I meet you people after some years, treat me the same way you do now - I will be the same old Gandhi, or Gandhe, or Godse, or Vijay, or VJ, or whatever you think I am now!